Bet Settlement Policy
If you're wondering what happens to your winnings after your bet's just come in, don't worry, we make sure you get them as soon as the bet is settled.
All your winnings are instantly added to your Sky Bet balance, and then they're yours to do what you like with!
If you think your bet's a definite winner, and you can't wait to find out how much cash you're in for, the 'Betting Calculator' offered in the Services section of the homepage will assist you.
We will strive to get your bet settled immediately after the event has finished, but please bear with us at busy times and allow up to 30 minutes for your winnings to be in your account.
- Subject to the other provisions of our Sky Bet Rules bets are settled according to the displayed odds/prices at the time the bet receipt is issued, subject to best odds guaranteed promotions. For Horse and Greyhound racing only, if prices/odds are not offered or requested, bets are settled at starting price returns.
- Bets are settled to Win unless "Each Way" is requested.
- For Ante Post events on which Each Way bets are accepted, settlement will be based on the odds and place terms applicable when the bet is taken.
- In the case of daily events, such as horse racing, the Each Way terms will be determined by the number of runners that have taken part.
- For the purpose of calculation, Each Way Doubles, Trebles etc., are settled as two distinct bets i.e. win on to win and place on to place.
- In a DEAD HEAT the stake money on a selection is divided by the number of runners involved in the dead heat. The full odds are then paid to the divided stake, with the remainder of the stake money being lost.
- Where a selection is made void or does not run, then in Single bets the stake will be returned. In accumulative bets the stake will run on to the remaining selection(s) with a Double becoming a Single, a Treble becoming a Double and so on.
- If any bet is understaked it will be settled in proportion to the stakes paid.
- If a duplicate event is displayed on our website, we reserve the right to void all multiple bets placed on the same market and settle as a single at the best price at the time the bet was struck
- Where the conditions of an event have been significantly altered (e.g. change of venue) we reserve the right to void all bets.
- We cannot allow for mistakes or accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, runners, live scores or results despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy. We reserve the right to correct obvious errors and settle bets at the correct odds.
If you think you've noticed an error in how your bet's been settled, we ask you to do two things before contacting us.
- Double-check that the bet's been settled incorrectly by looking in your account history and using the 'Betting Calculator' to confirm correct returns. At this point we ask you to consider factors which may affect the amount you receive, for example, the possibility of dead heats or the application of a Rule 4 (if a Horse Racing bet).
- Check to see if we've manually credited the winnings to your account via a 'manual adjustment'. In a small number of cases, markets are inadvertently settled incorrectly and we're unable to resettle at the correct terms. When this happens we manually adjust accounts for the missing winnings and this will be detailed in your 'Last 10 account transactions...' table in the 'My Account' section.
If you still feel the bet's been settled incorrectly, please contact our Customer Care team who will look into it for you.
Where there is evidence of Price, Race, Match or Event rigging, we reserve the right to make bets void or withhold payment of winnings pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation.
We reserve the right to void a bet where we have reason to believe that a bet is placed after the outcome of an event is known, or after the selected participant or team has gained a material advantage.