Keeping your details safe
The safety of your personal details is of huge importance to us. We have several measures in place to keep your details safe and there are also several things you can do to help yourself.
What we do:
- Our websites are encrypted using Verisign SSL technology to keep your details safe.
- Everytime you log in to the site, we show you the date and time of your last log-in so you can identify if anyone else has accessed your account.
- If you are inactive on the site for a period of 90 minutes we will automatically log you out.
What you can do:
- Never share your PIN with anyone. Our customer care team will only ever ask you for your User ID, not your PIN.
- Remember to always log out of the site when you finish.
- Choosing your PIN: Don't make it an easily guessable sequence such as 1234 or your date of birth.
- Avoid having your PIN in your User ID, e.g. if your User ID is skybet1980, your PIN should not be 1980.
- Don't set your browser to remember passwords - check the security settings in your web browser.
- Keep your account secure by changing your PIN on a regular basis. You can change your PIN quickly and easily online by clicking here:
If you feel that your account details have been compromised, please contact our customer care team for assistance.
Avoiding online fraud
A lot of online fraud starts from an email which appears to be from a trusted brand but has a few tell-tale signs that it's a phishing scam.
Things to check:
- The sender's email address
- Broken English (phishing emails often contain bad spelling or grammar)
- Fake links (roll your mouse over links to check they go to a trusted site)
- Generic email greeting e.g. "Hi Sky Bet customer" - we will always put your User ID in any marketing communication.
If you're ever in doubt about an email you receive claiming to be from us, please contact our customer care team