Bet Acceptance Policy
We accept bets on the following:
- All sporting events and special events where we specifically advertise acceptance e.g. Football, Golf, Cricket, etc., and will be settled in accordance with the special rules issued for such events. For any eventuality not covered by the special rules, these General Rules will apply.
- Horse Racing Bets are accepted for horse races held under the rules of the UK Jockey Club, Irish Turf Club or the equivalent international bodies. Bets on horse racing are settled on the official result at the time of the "weigh in".
- Greyhound Racing Bets are accepted for selected races in Great Britain and Ireland, and are settled on the official result.
General Terms of Acceptance
- Gambling is a fast moving environment, odds move rapidly and bets are taken continuously and consequently mistakes do occasionally occur. We do all that we can to avoid this but we cannot accept responsibility for any obvious errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, the late closing of markets, place terms, handicaps, runners, live scores or results despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy. We reserve the right to correct obvious errors and either settle bets at the correct odds or void bets if prices are unavailable.
- We reserve the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet. Furthermore, we reserve the right to refuse to register you or suspend or close your account and refund any balance of your account.
- We only accept bets or wagers made online (including via our mobile applications) or where available, via our interactive TV service. Bets and wagers are not accepted in other ways, including by email, post or fax, and will not be valid if received in such a way.
- Customers should be aware that transmissions by some broadcasters, be they on TV, radio or live streaming via the internet, are subject to delays. This includes live streaming provided by Sky Betting and Gaming. The extent of any delay experienced may vary depending on the system used to receive pictures or data.
Time of Acceptance
- The time prior to which bets may be placed on any particular event is normally the official start time. In some instances, such as early prices on horse racing, bets may be placed up to a time prior to the official start time which is at our discretion.
- If, for any reason, a bet is inadvertently accepted after the event or match has started and the event in question is not covered by our Live Betting service, the selection(s) affected will be made void if, at any time the bet was placed, the race or event was resolved or at a stage where you could have had any indication of the outcome.
- Any bet inadvertently accepted where the outcome of an event (or market) has already been determined, including Live Betting, shall be made void, win or lose.
- We reserve the right to void a bet if the outcome to which the bet relates becomes public knowledge before the closing time for bets placed in the event.
- Where the official start of an event is not announced, bets are accepted up to the advertised time of the event. Any bet that is accepted later than the advertised time of the event will be void, unless we are satisfied that the bet was accepted before the event commenced.
- In the event of there being a dispute over the time at which a bet was placed, then the time at which it was confirmed on our Bet capture system will govern the settlement.
- You should be aware that transmissions by some broadcasters, be they on TV, radio or live streaming via the internet, are subject to delays. This includes live streaming provided by us. The extent of any delay experienced may vary depending on the system used to receive pictures or data.
- Any bet accepted in error for an event that has already taken place, or where betting has been suspended, will be void win or lose.
Prices in rapidly moving events can often be updating very quickly. In order to ensure that you get the very best betting experience we will always try to accept your bet as quickly and easily as possible.
In the event that your selection receives a positive price change during the bet placement process, we'll always reward you immediately with the better price - for instance, if you back Chelsea to beat Man Utd at 6/1, and while we are accepting the bet our odds update to 7/1, you'll be given the bigger price.
Conversely, if a price change is to your disadvantage (odds become smaller), you will always be prompted to confirm and accept any changes to give you the choice about whether you still wish to place the bet.
Incorrectly Displayed Odds
As per the Terms of Acceptance above, whilst we strive to ensure complete accuracy in the publishing of odds, we can't accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. Therefore we reserve the right to correct obvious errors and settle bets at the correct odds or void bets if prices are unavailable.
Live Betting Information
Although every effort is made to ensure all Live event information is correct, the information should be used as a guide only. For the purpose of Live event betting, please be aware that the data supplied is subject to a delay. The extent of the delay may vary between customers, depending on the setup through which they are receiving the data.
In the event of any Live event information being incorrect, we assume no liability for this. All Sky Bet terms and conditions apply.
A related contingency is a multiple bet whereby the outcome of one selection can contribute to the outcome of another selection. Examples of this could include:
- A bet on Zinedine Zidane to be top goalscorer and Real Madrid to win the league title.
- A bet on Diego Maradona to score 2+ goals and 'Both teams to score - Yes' in the same Argentina match
- A bet on Pele to score and Brazil to score 2+ goals in the same match
Such combinations are not available to place through regular bet placement options however, in certain cases where a related contingency occurs, we may offer a special double bet which would be listed under ‘Specials'.
Where a bet containing a related contingency has been taken in error, the stakes will be equally split where they clash.
Cancelling or changing a bet
Once bets have been confirmed with us, they can only be cancelled or changed by mutual consent. If you've placed a bet and wish to cancel or change it, please contact our Customer Care team in good time before the start of the event for their consideration.