Royal Ascot 2017
Verification / Documents
Sky Bet Query
Sky Vegas Query
Sky Casino Query
Sky Poker Query
Sky Bingo Query
Log in problems
Super 6 or Fantasy Football Query
Ante Post is a phrase used for bets placed at least a day in advance of the event. It's also referred to as Future Races on horse racing and greyhound racing.
It's commonly used in horse racing when bets are placed before the overnight declaration stage (usually 10am on the day before the race).
Betting Ante Post can often ensure you get better odds than if you bet on the day of the event, but be aware that if you've made an Ante Post bet and your selection is a non-runner, your bet won't be void, it will lose.
Common non-horse racing Ante Post bets could include ‘FA Cup Winner' and ‘The Ashes Winner'.
General Ante Post Rules:
1.) Ante Post prices are those offered on:
- Horse Racing prior to the final declaration stage (48hrs Flat & 24hrs NH), after this all bets will be "Non-runner, No Bet". From this point on, Tattersalls Rule 4(c) will apply.
- Greyhound events up to and including the Semi-Final stage. Any bets placed after the Semi-Finals or on a single race event will be settled on an Early Price "non-runner no bet" basis.
2.) Ante Post bets are accepted all in run or not. Stakes are lost on an Ante Post bet if a selection does not take part. Generally no Tattersalls' Rule 4 deductions are made from winning bets, except in certain circumstances. (See Rules for individual sports for further details of non-racing events).
3.) All Each-Way Doubles, Trebles, etc., are settled win to win, place to place.
4.) If a horse race is postponed to another day then Ante Post bets stand. However, in the event of the following occurrences happening bets on the market will be void.-
- The race is abandoned.
- The race is officially declared void.
- The conditions of the race are altered after bets are made (as defined under Tattersalls' Rules).
- A horse is balloted out under The Jockey Club Rules of Racing.
- The venue is altered.
- The running surface is altered (e.g. Turf to Dirt/All Weather or vice versa).
- The entries of the race are reopened.
5.) Ante Post bets are settled at the price and place terms applicable at the time of acceptance. Should a wrong price or place terms be taken in error we reserve the right to settle the bet at the correct price/place terms that were available at the time the bet was struck.
6.) Place only bets, conditional bets and forecast betting are not accepted at Ante Post odds. If taken in error, place only and forecast bets will be void and the conditional part of any Ante Post bet will be disregarded.
7.) Where the same selection is backed to win two or more Ante Post events in an accumulative bet a special combined price will apply irrespective of any individual odds quoted. Where no special combined price is available e.g. a horse to win a Derby trial and the Derby, settlement will be based on the first available odds after the 1st leg has been completed.